Re: Historical question re Knoppix3.4 and kernel 2.4.26

Thanks for your response.

The reason I was concerned about this was for compiling modules to match the existing 2.4.26 kernel on the livecd.

If people are building modules to use with, say, damnsmalllinux livecd with the wrong .config (eg with 386m when the livecd 2.4.26 kernel actually was compiled with 686m), I thought it might produce buggy modules,  Or, should sources be patched to fix the cmpxchg thing before preparing kernel sources then building a new module (using gcc-2.95 of course).  So what Klaus actually did when building the kernel on the livecd might affect the viability of new modules (?)

Do you Yahoo!?