NX Server and Client X cookie erroor

Any one had any sucess with 4.02, 5.00, or 5.01 CD or DVD, live or HD installed getting the NX
client or NX server to run? I'd really like to run KDE remotely for my desktops when at
home/work.

I get stopped at "Unable to create X authorization cookie"

I've looked at:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24952&highlight=xauth

And others it all seems to be xauth related, but /usr/bin/auth doesn't exist so the info in the above
post doesn't work.

Where is this xauth so I can copy it to /usr/X11R6/bin

Thanks in advance for your positive repsonse.