GPL: Re: Where can I order the source-code of Knoppix?

If Klaus were to ensure that all of the sources were on the same site that he distributes the ISOs from then there would be no need to include the 3 year offer, since anybody interested
in the sources could get them at the same time as they get the binaries.

(I think that, to keep the GPL3 happy, all you'd have to do is include an ISO (or even just a tar) with copies of all the related sources. I can't see that there'd be a need to include it all on the same ISO image(s) as the binaries.)

Shane Geiger wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the GPL needs to be updated to take into consideration that the Internet is now widely used? Security risk: Klaus, you could get DDoS-ed via snail mail.

:-)

You could as well just download the debian packages from the debian
snapshot mirror, and the knoppix-specific packages from
debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org, which is surely faster than the postal
way. But since the GPL requires me to send you the sources personally on
request, I will, if you wish so.

--
Stephen Samuel +1(778)861-7641             samnospam@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/