Re: Will 5.0.1 be more than another live-cd?

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 02:17:16PM -0400, Gilles wrote:
> Le 28 Avril 2006 17:17, Klaus Knopper a écrit :
>> On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 04:27:35PM -0400, Gilles wrote:

>>> But then, security updates for testing should be available. Is it
>>> the case?

>> Well, the security updates for testing are rather appearing in
>> unstable, still.

> The official Debian position is that neither testing or unstable are
> security patched. But there seems to be a project for patching
> testing here:

> http://secure-testing-master.debian.net/

You'll notice the "debian.net" domain; that's a domain where any
Debian developer can get any subdomain, and not the domain of official
infrastructure. (It often happens that new services first appear on
debian.net and then become official and go to debian.org.)

In my (very limited) experience, these guys mainly *track* which
security issues affect testing. They actually rush an update to
testing rather rarely.

--
Lionel