Will 5.0.1 be more than another live-cd?

For two years now, I've been looking for a distro that would be as
GPLed, stable, secure and up to date as Slackware, but with more
software available, better upgrade and management tools and a better
organized community (forum, mailing list, whatever...)

Of course, Debian tops this list... save for being up to date. Sarge
is now almost one year old and there is so much talk about making
more timely releases that there is no doubt in my mind the next
release should be in two or three years :) I've tried other
Debian-based distro, but they don't make the grade on one count or
another. Only Knoppix appears to me as a viable alternative.

On Jamuary 12th, Klaus wrote:

"And we may be able to replace some knoppix-patched Debian-packages
(like sysvinit) by the original ones using some script-based "evil
hacks" instead, in order to make them behave like the earlier live-cd
versions."

So, I'm wondering if KNX 5.0.1 will be this more Debian-compatible
release, if it will be more than just a live-cd, that is, a CD
certified for a good basic Debian installation. This would be
wonderful, as it could bring Linux many new users. But then, security
updates for testing should be available. Is it the case?

I believe I gathered that Klaus does not want to provide support for a
Linux distro :) but Suse doesn't support Opensuse either and Red Hat
doesn't support Fedora, so I don't believe this is a problem.

For years now, there's been big hullabaloo about Linux on the Desktop,
but I don't see much happening. Maybe in ten years from now Debian
will be released every year but that's going to be too late for me.
If Knoppix, doesn't offer a solution for average Joe, I'm going to
switch to OpenSuse, which I would thing fits pretty much all my
criteria... except that Suse's commitment to the GPL is far from
limpid.

Ar least, when average Joe goes to Mplayer and wants a compiled
package, he'll find the rpm instead of a reference to Marillat where
there's absolutely no mention of the package. If he wants to
experience with LVM and RAID, he'll even find some interfaces to set
this up! He certainly won't turn out the most competent system
administrator, but whatever he will learn from the confusing Linux
documentation (Windows' is even worst), he will have forgotten the
next time the same problem comes around. For him, the click-o-drome
is a blessing.

So, here's my question once again. Will Knoppix 5.0.1 be more than
another Live-CD?