Re: USB via ethernet

Hi Jody

> modprobe usbnet # insert usbnet module (USB via ethernet)
>
> pump -i # DHCP request, -i option to precise which interface to use
>
> `dmesg | grep CDC | awk -F: ?{ print $1; }?` # look in dmesg output
> in order to find ethernet interface information (eth1 for example)

If I understand it correctly, it should be one command line;

# modprobe usbnet \
  pump -i \
  `dmesg | grep CDC | awk -F: ?{ print $1; }?`

> I think your "box" could be use as a modem (require login/password)
> or
> as a modem/router (box authenticate itself near your ISP and give you
>
> access to the Internet to your LAN with)

My PC is connected to a ADSL modem via an ethernet card and the modem
is then connected to telephone line.

> You should use the second choice to simplify your config (only DHCP)

Which is the second choice.

> I think your "box" could be use as a modem (require login/password)
> or
> as a modem/router (box authenticate itself near your ISP and give you
>
> access to the Internet to your LAN with)

Yes, login and password are required.

> You should use the second choice to simplify your config (only DHCP)
What is it?

> Could you precise which kind of ethernet device you use (USB or
> normal
> ethernet) ?
> If you use PPP (cf: pppoeconf in KNOPPIX menu) ?

PCI ethernet card

pppoeconf

Tks

B.R.