Fwd: Add instructions to terminal server?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@gmail.com>
Date: 28 févr. 2006 11:01
Subject: Re: Add instructions to terminal server?
To: Michael Creel <michael.creel@uab.es>

2006/2/28, Michael Creel <michael.creel@uab.es>:
I'm trying to make parallelknoppix
( http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix ) work using an unmodified
knoppix 4.0.2 CD, along with a persistant image file. Everything works,
except I need the slave nodes that are PXE booted using the terminal
server to mount the home directory that is NFS exported from the master
node. That is, the slave nodes need to execute the instruction "mount
192.168.0.1:/home /home". If I include this line in a knoppix.sh file in
/cdrom/KNOPPIX on a remastered CD, it works. But I would like to make it
work directly from an unmodified Knoppix CD. Any ideas?
Thanks, Michael

you could use saveconfig to save your script in /home/knoppix, and put the saved config on a USB key or so. I'm not really sure about which home scripts are executed at boot time; I've seen people remastering the cd to have ~/.xsession work so you might want to try something else...