No localhost

I have remasterised a Knoppix 3.6 in order to include the thin
clients server LTSP and install it on hard disk. It works well.
So, I made an 'apt-get dist-upgrade' in Sarge, to remasterize
an another cd. When I install it on hard-disk and restart,
everything seems ok except 'localhost'.

When I run 'ifconfig', localhost does not appear.
When I run 'ifup lo', the awnser is "interface lo already
configured" but services that need localhost cannot start.
If I type 'ifdown lo && ifup lo', then localhost appears
when i run 'ifconfig'

Any idea to fix it ?
Best regards
Jean-Louis Louere

PS: Thank you for those who made Knoppix.