update_progress fails

I have tried to figure out what causes update_progress by
knoppix-autoconfig to fail in my remastered Knoppix version. In original
Knoppix /etc/sysconfig/progress is OK.

What is the meaning of that file? Should I remove it as been done in
Kanotix (rm -f /etc/sysconfig/progress)? ;-)

What can be the reason of progress piping to fail? In spite of that
everything works fine and my remastered version installs also fine to hd.

Is there some trick Mr. Knopper don't want to tell us? :)

best regards

-tapsa-