kernel stuff outside of KNOPPIX cloop

Hi,

I wonder if we could remove /lib/modules from KNOPPIX compressed file, It suppose that unionfs could be used before starting loading of modules.

This may be a dream but It could be nice to be able to test differents kernel (config), in a same software config.

Well this is not a disinterested request: I need not passing xmodule=vesa parameter on G320 anymore but I'd really like disabling drm in kernel in order to be able to load via driver :)

This is an example, imagine a Knoppix with several kernel like openmosix, http-fuse or others nice project which live in parallel from Knoppix.

Does not it be easier to add a kernel if this one and its modules were outside from KNOPPIX cloop?

You have managed to put two different kernel (2.4 and 2.6), but this kernels use different config, I don't think about it but thinking about having two similar kernel with some changes (i386 > i686 ...).

And so we may be able to change few things in CD image in order to make a few update without having to prepare a whole one.

Jody