Re: [debian-knoppix] Questions about init process when reboot"no more process***"

Think "Seven Bells and All's Well".

If you get this message when you're shutting down (this includes
for a reboot), this is more informational than an error message.
It basically means that the processes that are supposed to disappear
when shutting down have, and no more work needs to be done (sometimes
processes refuse to die, and need a bit more work to make them go away).

Unless this message is followed in other problems, I'd say don't worry
about it.  Even if you do get other problems, I'd bet it's caused by
something else.  In either case, we'd need to know about any other
problems that you see.

Trace Green wrote:
Hi,

I tried to remaster Knoppix 3.8.2 liveCD. But now, i find a problem, when i reboot, sometimes, system told me : "Init: no more processes left in this runlevel", the same when i shutdown system.

I am very confused because it doesn't happen every time but sometimes. It seems some problems about init process. I am sure that i don't do any modify on /etc/inittab. When i tried to get source code from http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/ , i can't even compile sysvinit sucessfully......
It seems to old to compile.

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426             samnospam@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/