Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix 4.0 plans & "call for software"

My suggestion and hope is to alleviate the problem that prevents NFS from accessing the /home directory when Knoppix is loaded from the cd-rom.

As you know, in Knoppix /home is really a soft link to /ramdisk/home. I have tried various ways of putting /home or /ramdisk/home in /etc/exports but have always seen an error when running exportfs, which is what tells other computers that the share is available. I think exportfs does not see the ramdisk as a share.

There is no problem accessing / but that doesn't give me /home.
Also there is no problem using NFS to access remote shares.

I've tried to contact the maintainers of exportfs but have not been able to get a response.

Although I know that the Knoppix distribution is setup for Samba, when using Linux shares it is nice to have the ability to use NFS.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Slackware Linux