Has anyone replaced init with initng on Knoppix CD?

I'm just writing from remastered Knoppix and never thought that installing initng would replace init in CD too!

But this seems very attractive. After booting I came to a Knoppix login where I could log in as a knoppix user (had given password for knoppix before). But how to run knoppix-autoconfig? I could start X after copying configuration from my hard disk but I would like to do it automatically.

Is it better to forget initng at this time and wait until Mr. Knopper or Kano seems it good enough to include in CD? nyhow, if replacing init is not impossible I would like to test it :-)

-tapsa-