Re: Yet another remaster Script

On 8 December 2005 at 12:30, Sven Bröckling wrote:
| > Does this script work with Knoppix 4.02 (CD and DVD)?
| It works at least with the cd, i never tried the DVD. Should work, but
| you really need *a lot* of free Disk space for that. Maybe you need to
| change the mkisofs call at the end of knx-master.sh, i didn't have much
| experience with mastering DVDs.

In my experience, and not using the script that was kindly posted here
earlier, it's pretty much the same thing, plus the change allowing for two or
more KNOPPIX files.

For the upcoming Quantian release, I use the code below. My re-worked sources
aka the chroot are in sources/, and I write to release/.  All that is
different is that several directories are excluded from the first KNOPPIX and
added to the second by means of -graft-points.  A thread on this list around
August or September has all the details. The miniroot on the Knoppix dvd has
all the magic for mounting several KNOPPIX files and fusing them by means of
the unionfs module.

Hope this helps, Dirk

function compressImage() {

    ##
    ## Try two cloop images
    ##
    mkisofs -R -U -V "Quantian $VERSION" 				\
		-publisher "Quantian (dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian)" 	\
		-hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes 				\
		-no-bak -pad 						\
		-x source/opt 						\
		-x source/usr/share/doc					\
		-x source/usr/src 					\
		-x source/usr/NX					\
		source/ 						\
	| create_compressed_fs - 65536 > release/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

    mkisofs -R -U -V "Quantian $VERSION" 				\
		-publisher "Quantian (dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian)" 	\
		-hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes 				\
		-no-bak -pad 						\
		-graft-points 	opt=source/opt				\
		   		usr/share/doc=source/usr/share/doc	\
		   		usr/src=source/usr/src 			\
				usr/NX=source/usr/NX			\

}

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'