Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix boot hang, Asus A7V ATA100

Hi,

fre a écrit :

Hello,

I seem to have a similar problem,
I have the MB asus a7v8x

I installed suse on a (slave) spare disk and win on master hd
tried to replace the suse by ubuntu.

tried several live cd's
-beatrix
-slax
-ubuntu
-knoppix
they don't work, all boot and start loading kernel . *hang*
I am not planning to change drives each time but still want to replace
the suse distro.
did u find a solution or do you know how I could solve mine??

thanx

Did you tried some cheatcodes to skip some pieces of hardware detection ?

Some cheatcodes:

acpi=off nolapic noapic noapm pnpbios=off pci=bios nomce nosmp noht noagp nodma nofirewire nopcmcia noscsi noswap nousb nousb2 noaudio

You could try for example:

knoppix acpi=off nolapic noapic noapm pnpbios=off pci=bios nosmp

Else you should look at your BIOS config, try to disable some hardware to free an IRQ,

some motherboards have instructions in their chipset for hardware that they do not have (ex: Onboard Modem)

Once disabling Midi Port (onboard sound chipset) allow to boot without parameters,

*knoppix nousb* allowed to boot but neither the USB neither the keyboard could work.

Hope it could help you.
--
Jody