Re: (2)Terminal Server after hd install (fixed Patch)

I missed answering  your original question):
Yes, it seems to work with an ordinary PXE boot -- in fact,
what it does, is reverts the system to using ONLY the pxe
boot mechanism.  My testing included doing a ROM network boot
from a Compaq desktop.

Michael Creel wrote:

Hi, I'm the developer of ParallelKnoppix, a remastered Knoppix (thanks, Klaus, if you happen to see this) which uses the terminal server to boot up slave nodes in a cluster. At my university, the existing DHCP server often provides an IP to the slaves before my master node does. I have experimented with using alternate ports, but never got it to work. My question is, would the terminal server using this patch work with ordinary PXE boot, not using rom-o-matic? I prefer not to have to boot up a bunch of nodes using floppy disks - it is easier just to isolate them from the rest of the network and let the master node work as PXE and DHCP server. TIA, Michael
--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426             samnospam@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/