nfs-kernel-server oops

I'm attaching two files:  One is a short script which,
when ran soon after boot (it was originally part of
knoppix.sh), causes an oops when exportfs is called
by /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server

When nfs-kernel-server is executed a second time, it runs OK.
Inserting a 30 second delay before starting the script doesn't
help (either synchronous or backgrounded).  It also happens
if I run the script manually after X has loaded.

Any thoughts??

The other is the syslog (debug) output,  of the oops.
I can supply you with the full syslog file if you think it
may contain useful info.

this occurs on an AMD Sempron(tm)   2200+
box with an SIS based motherboard.

It also occurs on a P3/500 with an asus 440BX Chipset
(oops and log available)

Oh... and minor glitch.  The nfs-terminal-server script
complains about the 'mountpoint' being command missing.

OK: I'm including the script (listaserv doesn't allow ataxhments).
If you want to see the oops, you can run the script yourself
You might want to start sysklogd and klogd before you run it.

==========================

#
# wait for pump to get the dhcp address.
#
dmsg="dhcp wait"
emsg="-n ''"

for i in 1 2 3 4  end ; do
	read a b c d num remaining  <<-EOF
	` ifconfig eth0 | grep inet | tr . ' ' `
	EOF
	if [ -n "$num" ]  ; then
		[[ -z "$emsg" ]] && emsg="-n" || emsg=" done!"
		break
	else
		echo -n "$dmsg"
		dmsg=" ... "
		emsg=" timeout!"
		[ "end" = "$i" ] || sleep 5
	fi
done
echo  $emsg

	echo ________________________________

mount NFS directory.

echo '/cdrom 192.168.27.0/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash,async)' >> /etc/exports

	/etc/init.d/portmap start
	sleep 1
	/etc/init.d/nfs-common start
	sleep 1
	in.tftpd -l -s /tftpboot
	sleep 1
	/etc/init.d/dhcp3-server start
	sleep 6
	mount -o bind /cdrom/home/knoppix40 /home/knoppix
	sleep 1

	echo =============================
	(
	/etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server start ||
	{ echo trying again ... ; /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server start ; }
	) &
	sleep 10

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426             samnospam@bcgreen.com