Re: write Permission error for unionfs (CD) files

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 01:25:55PM -0700, Stephen Samuel wrote:
> as Knoppix, I can (for example) do:
>
> echo *.debug /tmp/debug > /etc/syslog.conf
>
> This isgnores the file permissions on syslog.conf.  Once the first change
> is made (and the file is now being fetched from the ramdrive), further
> writes fail unless I really do have proper permission.
>
> This only seems to happen for files that exist and are sourced from
> the CD.

You are right, that's another bug. It's not mission critical since we
are running in a more or less single user environment, but definitely
wrong behaviour of unionfs.  I'm not sure if they fixed that in the new
release. I'm still waiting for something really STABLE to come up, for
the public 4.0.2 release. :-/