Questions about init process when reboot"no more process***"

Hi,

I tried to remaster Knoppix 3.8.2 liveCD. But now, i find a problem, when i reboot, sometimes, system told me : "Init: no more processes left in this runlevel", the same when i shutdown system.

I am very confused because it doesn't happen every time but sometimes. It seems some problems about init process. I am sure that i don't do any modify on /etc/inittab. When i tried to get source code from http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/ , i can't even compile sysvinit sucessfully......
It seems to old to compile.

Any ideas?