Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix 3.9 bugs

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:44:45PM -0400, Han Valen wrote:
> Thank you Klaus, Fabian, and others for your work on Knoppix. We appreciate it.
>
> According to http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/3.9-2005-05-27 the
> unionFS in 3.9 breaks debian package installation. Can any knoppix
> devs confirm this bug?

Until I tred the specific commandline from the bugs page, I was
convinced that the current unionfs snapshot is ultimately stable.
Unfortunately, it worked as described.

It seems that certain packages trigger a crash, where others don't. I
didn't find any for-sure trigger for this behaviour, so no debugging was
possible.

For version 4.0, I switched back to unionfs 1.0.11. Strangely, the
unionfs project seems in a kind of development pause at the moment. No
new snapshots havebeen published for weeks now. I'm not wure what this
means.

> If so, will this bug and perhaps other bugs be
> fixed in a future release?

If there is a fix, of course. For the upcoming 4.0 version, I found no
other fix other than downgrading to an earlier version of unionfs.

With kind regards