can I "bootfrom" other distros with knoppixx?

 I can boot knoppix from my cdrom but when I try to install sarge or ubuntu
from cd  i get errors copying files although I'm sure the cds are correct
cause I used them already on  another computer plus I checked the checksum
and it all ok it just seems that my cdrom is a little messed up.
So my question is: can  I boot my sarge cd from disk using knoppix bootfrom
option such as "knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda1/home/pat/iso/SARGE.iso" ?

thx in advance

Pat