Re: [debian-knoppix] can I "bootfrom" other distros with knoppixx?

p80 wrote:

I can boot knoppix from my cdrom but when I try to install sarge or ubuntu from cd i get errors copying files although I'm sure the cds are correct cause I used them already on another computer plus I checked the checksum and it all ok it just seems that my cdrom is a little messed up. So my question is: can I boot my sarge cd from disk using knoppix bootfrom option such as "knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda1/home/pat/iso/SARGE.iso" ?

thx in advance

Pat
When you use "bootfrom", the kernel on the CD and the kernel on the ISO must be the same.

Regards,

Cecil