Re: [debian-knoppix] No space left on device (for /etc)

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 11:52:40AM -0800, airplays55@yahoo.com wrote:
> Can someone please confirm or deny my assumptions: I
> deduce that /etc is mounted on a ramdisk separate from
> the /ramdisk partition where /var and /home resides?

If you type "df", you can probably see that. :-)

> Are all the softlinks (that point to /KNOPPIX) part of
> the "experiments in overlay filesystem" that was
> introduced in knoppix 3.4?

There is no working and sufficiently stable overlay filesystem yet, that's why
we have to work with symlinks.

> The reason I ask is I am trying to copy some perl
> libraries into /etc, but apparently have less than 2
> MB of space, even though free space on /home is far
> greater.

You can do a mount -t tmpfs or mount --bind to add ramdisk space to any
directory of /.