Re: [debian-knoppix] kernel panic on boot

Klaus,

I still can't see the problem, but I know more about when it happens.
Everything goes by fast so I can't get all the details. (I tried the
vga=normal option.)

I see knoppix autodetecting hda (harddrive) and then it tries to do
something with hdc (Toshiba DVD-drive). At that point the kernel
panics and the text starts running. There are about two lines that you
can't see anymore. Here is the output except for the top few lines
(and a glare from the flash).

http://www.cam.cornell.edu/~saliola/misc/kernel_panic.jpg

I tried snapping photos at the moment the panic begins, but the images
are too blurry. Camera's not good enough.

This is a secondary laptop, I don't really use it, but I thought the
kernel panic might interest some folk here.

Franco