Is knoppix getting behind?

Running kanotix for some days now I am wondering why
knopper does not update knoppix a bit.
Here are some points I see knoppix is getting behind:
1. Why does knoppix still use 2.4.xx kernels? Until
some point I could understand it because 2.6 kernels
where not that stable. but now 2.6 has reached 2.6.10
and is quite stable
2.. Alsa. Even debian and ubuntu are using alsa by
default. Why not in knoppix too? many soundcards do
not work without alsa. Kanotix has it by default now
and it doesn't even use alsa_init, having better
startup time.
3. Device support. kanotix is using updated
hwdetection so it supports more devices at least on my
asus board and my logitech webcam.