Re: [debian-knoppix] ifconfig problems-dhcpcd hangs up at boot.

On Sunday 16 January 2005 13:11, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 04:31:10PM -0500, John Culleton wrote:
> > Slackware 10 boots OK and recognizes the first (top) ethernet card as
> > eth0, interrupt 11 address 0XD800. Call this card A.

After much correspondence back and forth today, Klaus came up with the magic
cheatcode to solve my particular problem. I boot with "knoppix26" and I can
get on line with cable. The card identities (eth0,eth1) are still swapped
compared to Slackware but that is just a question of remembering which is
which.

Oher folks (if any) having peculiar connection problems might give knoppix26 a
try.

My public thanks to Klaus!

--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: