Cache and Mozilla

Hi,

I have one question and one problem: Is there any problem in deleting the
files in /var/.../apt/archives? It might have probably...The problem I have,
is that I tryed to install mozilla, but the installation went wrong - and I
tryed to unistall it with apt-get remove mozilla, and the apt-get -f
install; the problem is that certain files were not deleted and now if I try
to install mozilla again it tells me that I've got already the newest
version.

How can I go around this?

Regards,

Rui Fernandes