Re: Knoppix installer (the debian way)

> Da: Chris Aitken <aitken@ontera.net>
> Data: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:42:03 -0500
> A: "andrea.centomo@katamail.com" <andrea.centomo@katamail.com>
> Oggetto: Knoppix installer (the debian way)
>
> andrea.centomo@katamail.com wrote:
>
> >>Da: D russel <dvd_russel@yahoo.com>
> >>Data: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:52:17 -0800 (PST)
> >>A: Debian - Knoppix <debian-knoppix@lists.linuxtag.org>
> >>Oggetto: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix installer (the debian way)
> >>
> >>I have a question:
> >>When installing knoppix "the Debian way" why not give
> >>the user a true debian system?
> >>Is it not possible?
> >>The main problem I think with knoppix so far is that
> >>when it's installed and you do a "apt-get distupgrade"
> >>it may brake things.
> >>But apart of that why not turn knoppix into a true
> >>debian system when choosing "Debian way"
> >>

> >Yes this is crucial I think!
> >I work at an educational remastering
> >of Knoppix and many people want it on
> >the hard disk.
> >

> Then run,
>
> knoppix-installer

   Yes of course :-)

 The problem is another!

After the install on hard disk
(Debian way) all the tipical
functionalities of a pure Debian
work or not?

For example apt-get dist upgrade
creates problems. Is it the only one?

Is there a stated procedure to modify
a Knoppix on hard disk to
have a pure Debian unstable?

Kind Regards
Andrea

Cerchi un laboratorio fotografico aperto 24 ore su 24?
Stampa le tue foto digitali su Kataweb e le ricevi a domicilio in 48 ore.
http://www.kataweb.it/foto