Re: [debian-knoppix] Several issues about Knoppix

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 22:06 +0000, Rui Fernandes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I 've already posted some of my doubts in the Knoppix forum, but I'm not
> getting any answers - no problem with that. The first problem is running a
> compiled file in the Knoppix environment - I've tryed "file", "./file",
> etc...but the console tells me that I can't execute binaries ( even if I
> chmod 755 or +x the file to run ).
> Second, there's the problem of "configure" - doesn't run this way, neither
> "./configure".

You're probably working on a mount that does not have executable
abilities.

If this is the case, typing "mount" will show you "noexec" for the
partition you're trying to execute from.

mount -o remount,rw,exec /dev/??? /mountpoint will probably fix this.

HTH,
James

--
James Michael Greenhalgh <jgreenhalgh@opendoorsoftware.com>