Re: [debian-knoppix] ADSL connection & Telstra Australia

Hi Yann

The modem is an Alcatal "Speed Touch HOME" on ethernet. The country Australia, the setup works fine on this computer via Win 98SE (the same way it was originally setup when I first connected to Telstra's ADSL) The ISP is very pro M$$$, and doen't supply any support for Linux (their latest install CD even sets up Outlook).

I was hoping to meet someone who had gone through the exercise, but of course I'm happy with all help.

thanks Hank

At 01:02 PM 4/24/04 +0200, Yann Cochard wrote:

> I've got knoppix 3.3 running succesfully, but I would like to connect to
> the internet, Telstra ADSL, using knoppix.  I kow its not the easiest to
> connect

One very important thing is the kind of hardware you use. Which ADSL modem do
you have ? USB or Ethernet ? Your country and ISP are valuable information
too. There are many many ADSL modems out there, but several of them use the
same chip, and can use the same driver.
In France with the Sagem f@st 800 (USB ADSL modem), with a Knoppix it takes 3
commands and 1 minute to connect... that's easy ;-)

Yann
PS : the reply-to is not set up to the ML address, is it normal?
---