Re: [debian-knoppix] backpacker's edition?

Matthew Yates wrote:

Hi;

See: http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

They produce a live CD that is 50 MB in size and was
originally based on Knoppix...

Thanks, I'll take a look.

It uses fluxbox for a
window manager, dillo for a browser, and ted-gtk for
word processing.  I think firebird and abiword would
be better choices, but they are probably too big.

Probably, which is why it seems to me an 80mm CD
represents a better ballance point between portability
and functionality than a "business card CD": just bit
larger - in one dimension only - but with a roughly
quadruple gain in storage. Yet there is a plethora of
BC card "live CD's" an no 80mm's that I could find.

Roger K.