[debian-knoppix] Hardware (In)compatibillity!?

Hi everyone,

On my 2nd pc I'm not able to boot the 2.3 en 3.3 versions I tried of knoppix. This pc also has problems with other linux distributions like mandrake and one or two other live distro's I tried. When booting it comes to a halt when the penquin appears on screen. Occasionally I read 'lost interrupt' on the screen. Probably caused by uncompatible hardware I think. It might be the mobo wich uses the SiS 746FX/963L chipset. Are there other knoppix-users who have likewise experiences with this chipset? Strangely, when I tried a friends kanotix CDrom wich is I believe a say 95% knoppix it did boot normally.