Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: getting Debian from Knoppix

I did a dist-upgrade, and a few libs were upgraded, but nothing out of line.

Nick

snookertb wrote:

David Baron wrote:

P.S. Warning: DO NOT do dist-upgrades now and be careful about any upgrades touching KDE. KDE-sarge is messed up and you may end up missing most of it. Read all of the items on the upgrade list before proceeding.

I am just experimenting and did 'apt-get dist-upgrade' and there appears to be no ill effects. The system still works well. I didn't pay close attention to what got upgraded, I just wanted to see what would happen. About 20 packages got upgraded.

I am going to try a kernel upgrade next and see what happens.

If it blows up, I'll just reload.

tb