[debian-knoppix] Unwanted OSS sound card driver --solved?

A posting of a similar problem to debian-user list cited a utilitiy "discover"
and its .conf file. I have this file--does the normal knoppix 2.78 on bootup
do this? I would like to skip sound because I do not have a correctly
supported audio card at present. The following entries are in the file:

# Scan for the following types of hardware at boot time:
#boot bridge cdrom disk ethernet ide scsi sound usb video
boot all

If I do not do "boot all", are the entries above it inclusive so I am safe in
simply deleting "sound"?

(I have the OSS usb-midi blocked in the  /etc/hotplug/blacklist file entry so
alsa's driver can service this. Another MIDI sound-generator card has no
footprint and I explicitely assigned the alsa mpu401 to its port address to
service it.)