Re: [debian-knoppix] 3.3 update

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

Bill,

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 07:33:32PM -0600, Bill Eastman wrote:
Klaus Knopper wrote:

Hello Klaus,

I thought that I'd let you know where kde 3.2 is for Debian.

- KDE 3.2 (eventually, see above) or 3.1.5

deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.2/Debian stable main

Klaus knows that. What you missed was a few lines further down in Klaus' post:

 later this week, it will probably also be included in 3.4, though some
 reports from people who have tried the KDE 3.2/stable prereleases do not
 sound very enthusiastic yet.

Dirk

I tried upgrading my debian sarge using it, and it wasn't pretty...bottom line is I'm glad it was a new install and I hadn't done anything yet. I'm reinstalling the OS tomorrow and NOT upgrading to kde 3.2. I'll wait until it works its way into the regular debian sources and maybe by then it will work.