Swap partition on XP.

I know from my Zipslack studies that one can use a swap file rather than a
swap partition, by using a dd statement. This raises a series of issues.

1. Can this be done successfully in a persistent home directory?

2. Can the captive feature on Knoppix be used to make this file on an NTFS
partition?

3. If so, should this file be placed in the persistent home directory?

4. Does XP compression upset the applecart?

I am trying to make the odd couple, Windows XP and Knoppix, to live together
somehow.

--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: