Re: [debian-knoppix] What is TeX called on Debian?

On Thursday 16 December 2004 18:03, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
> >OK I am deep in the process of remastering 3.7. I want to add TeX and
> > delete some other stuff to make room.  When I go through the various
> > steps I find bits and pieces of TeX but no name corresponding to the
> > entire package. So what does Debian call TeX?
>
> it doesn't, especially. most people use a series of packages
> based on teTeX. so you look for tetex-* Debian packages. don't
> get your hopes up about how up to date they are.

Well, you have been there and done that.  I think I will just copy a smallish
TeX tree from another Linux partition. Is that what you did on your remaster?
Or did  you live with the Debian tetex stuff?
--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: