Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Games legal limitations ?

Hallo,

> I am about to download the games knoppix edition but
> am concerned about it's legal issues.
> Surly I would like to give it away to many people.
> But martin says that this is illegal.
> What are the legal restrictions on games knoppix?
> Why can we not redistribute it?

As the german magazine heise.de (iX and c't) had published, games must
be certified when given to children (under 18). You have to pay for this
certificate!. That would mean even moonbuggy is not allowed to be given
to kids.

I am not a lawyer nor have I read the specific paragraphs, just the
article on heise.de. As far as I underststudd it is ok if you are an
adult!

Greetings

Achim

--