Re: Re: [debian-knoppix] XDMCP Broadcast

Hi Yavor,
the port is set in the kdmrc file which is port 177 udp

Please check this as a sample for the kdmrc

snip
# KDM configuration example.

[Xdmcp]
# Whether KDM should listen to XDMCP requests. Default is true.
Enable=true
# The UDP port KDM should listen on for XDMCP requests. Don't change the 177.
Port=177
# File with the private keys of X-terminals. Required for XDM authentication.
# Default is ""
KeyFile=/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmkeys
# XDMCP access control file in the usual XDM-Xaccess format.
# Default is /etc/kde3/kdm/Xaccess
# XXX i'm planning to absorb this file into kdmrc, but i'm not sure how to
# do this best.
Xaccess=/etc/kde3/kdm/Xaccess
# Number of seconds to wait for display to respond after the user has
# selected a host from the chooser. Default is 15.
ChoiceTimeout=10
# Strip domain name from remote display names if it is equal to the local
# domain. Default is true
#RemoveDomainname=false
# Use the numeric IP address of the incoming connection instead of the
# host name. Use this on multihomed hosts. Default is false
SourceAddress=true
# The program which is invoked to dynamically generate replies to XDMCP
# BroadcastQuery requests.
# By default no program is invoked and "Willing to manage" is sent.
Willing=/etc/kde3/kdm/Xwilling

snip

I will check the configuration again over the weekend.

Regards
Karlo

Thank you Karl. :)
But this is not enough :(
On which port make tunneling to connect to X?

Yavor