[debian-knoppix] why were CUPS drivers removed from knoppix 3.4?

Why does knoppix 3.4 not include the CUPS printing
drivers that were included in knoppix 3.3? My printer
requires one of the 3.3 drivers and now I cant get it
working in 3.4! (because foomatic isnt working for me)

The drivers I'm talking about are the ppd files that
were in /usr/share/cups/model/gimp-print under 3.3
(that directory no longer exists in 3.4!)

Any feedback would be appreciated!