Re: [debian-knoppix] remastering 3.4

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 06:47:42PM +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> John Culleton wrote:
>
> >1. Bootable CDR that autoconfigures like original Knoppix.
> >2. Delete some packages to save space.
> >3. Add a stripped down version of TeX.
> >4. Add some templates of my own.
> >5. Sell the CDR.
> >
> >On the last point, if there are legal problems with selling
> >a CDR containing certain packages which ones should I
> >delete?
> >

> acroread, for example. look and see for each package whether Debian
> classifies it as "non-free", and then
> check the licensing.

The acroread 4 license, IMHO, allows redistribution for non-commercial
as well as commercial purposes, without further restrictions. The
acroread 5 license is more problematic for different reasons, that's why
I still keep version 4 instead of version 5. Feel free to remove it
anyways, in your derivate distribution.

With kind regards