Re: [debian-knoppix] remastering 3.4

wrote:
> > So now I want to make a remaster from 3.4. I have been
> > told that that you use some scripts to build knoppix.
>
> Not really, those are more hints for manual
> configuration. However, here is a snapshot of what I use
> sometimes.

Are these scripts run from a (booted) Knoppix CDROM or are
they run from a hard disk partition containing Knoppix? And
are these scripts the best way to go or should I follow one
of the guides from the the net? If the latter, which guide?

My preference is to use the hd partition I have already
created from Knoppix 3.4 and when I am through tinkering
with it to make a Knoppix style bootable iso image.

My objectives:
1. Bootable CDR that autoconfigures like original Knoppix.
2. Delete some packages to save space.
3. Add a stripped down version of TeX.
4. Add some templates of my own.
5. Sell the CDR.

On the last point, if there are legal problems with selling
a CDR containing certain packages which ones should I
delete?

John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers
http://wexfordpress.com