[debian-knoppix] locales update error?

Hi all,

currently using a HD install of Knoppix 3.3 on a Dell Lattitude.  I've
been away for a couple of weeks, and left cron-apt "in charge" of updates.
When I checked today for updates to be installed I had a few queued.  The
apt-get upgrade process is now dying on installing locales.

I tried to do a :

dpkg -i --force-overwrite
/var/cache/apt/archives/locales_2.3.2.ds1-12_all.deb

to fix the problem, the error (either way) is:

  ro_RO.ISO-8859-2...LC_ADDRESS: `country_ab3' value does not match
`country_num' value
dpkg: error processing locales (--install):
 locales

I googled around but the only solution I can find is:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure --force locales

and removing ro_RO.ISO-8859-2

then running apt-get upgrade again.  Hope this helps someone.  I suspect
this is no solution for people using that locale.

Sorry if this has been discussed before :)

Dan

--
Dr Dan Swan - Bio-Linux Developer | RHCE
EGTDC, CEH, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR