[debian-knoppix] please remove automounter

One of the most problematic automated thing I know of (about knoppix) is
the floppy/cd automounter.

Please remove it! Is not useful nor necessary and problematic.

Problems:

1) You cannot know if a disk is mounted or not. The icon mounted do not
show the sign of mounted (thru the mounted icon) and if ther's a konqueror
window open it easily do not auto unmount. If you remove a floppy mounted,
you easily break fs consistence (and that was observed many, too many times).

2) If a floppy is damaged (in a school this true for the 30% of the time)
the automounter do not reply a correct message (now I don't remember exactly
the error message but I remember it was not correct)

3) It is _not_ easier using automounter, since winxp introduced the
'unmount' concept for the usb flash memory and since apple macosx use
this same mechanism for the floppies, cd and flash memories.
(by the way, Macosx is the easiest OS I've seen so far...)

bye

--
"Knowledge is knowing a street is one way.
Wisdom is still looking in both directions."

Marco Ciampa