[debian-knoppix] Problems with madwifi driver & kernel 2.6

I'm using knoppix, and I must say it's getting better and better in every new
release. I use it as demo-disk, recovery-disk, test-hardware-disk and
debian-install-disk, and I'm pretty happy in all those environments (thanks
Klaus and all people involved! :P)

I'm using some Conceptronics Wifi Cards (madwifi driver), and I've seen they
work perfectly if using knoppix-kernel-2.4, but they don't work at all in

Is this normal? (as 2.6 is theorically just "experimental" in knoppix, I
understand that it may not support all hardware). Is there a simple way to
make this cards work on kernel 2.6?

Thanks in advance