Re: [debian-knoppix] REMOVE ME Future tips for getting removed from mailing list

Please excuse top post

Since there are a lot of newbies to Linux in general which knoppix/Klaus
deserve a lot of credit for (btw, thanks Klaus!), quite a few users are also
new to mailing lists for support.

Users should be aware that for this list, as well as most other mailing lists,
there are directions with links, on how to unsubscribe in the headers.  Set
your mail client to show all the headers (view, headers, all headers in
kmail), and the directions are there.  Following these directions should work
unless there is some problem, as happened in this particular case.

I was going to suggest trying to bounce a few of the emails, wondering if that
would have worked.  Most mailing list software (from what I've heard) catches
bounces and removes you from the list, although that may cause problems I'm
not aware of.

For those complaining, just be glad this list doesn't have the volume of
debian-user.

--B.