Re: [debian-knoppix] soundblaster 16, not autodetected

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 07:21:48PM +0200, Toni Gaya wrote:

> I have a soundblaster 16 bits on isa, and booting with knoppix26 alsa, it isn't autodetected. Although i think it is supported on alsa. Have someone same problem?

You really want AUTO detection for ISA devices? I'm afraid that is not
possible. You can load drivers and probe all "probably" IO addresses and
interrupts for a driver, but the system is likely to crash, and it would
take a VERY long time.

So, please load the drivers manually for old ISA devices, or use the
"soundcardconfig" tool that is present in the KNOPPIX menu.