[debian-knoppix] Knoppix 3.4 not booting from CD rewriter

Hello

I just got Knoppix 3.4

When booting up it gets to this line:

"Scanning for harddisk partitions and creating  /etc/fstab..."

Then it freezes at that line with no activitity from the CD Rewriter or the
hard disk. Knoppix 3.3 worked fine when booting from the CD Rewriter.

With both versions I'm booting up with my Windows 98SE hard drive loaded.
Also, I'm just booting up to run Knoppix from the Liteon CD ReWriter.

My system is:

Gigyabyte BXC motherboard
Pentium 2-350 cpu
448 MB PC 100 SDRAM
Soundblaster PCI 64 soundcard
64MB DDR Radeon 7000 ATI video card
Liteon 52x32x52x CD Rewriter
Liteon 16x DVD Reader
KTX 56k external modem
HP 5550 inkjet printer

Could this be a problem with the CD ROM itself or would it be something
else?

Thanks

Peter Mount
info@petermount.au.com