Re: [debian-knoppix] boot.img gone / how can we make and edited boot cd with 3kb for knoppix v3.4?

leslie wrote:

I was used to make costum boot cd's with the floppy drive and boot.img, that would boot knoppix from the harddisk.

the new kernel does not fit on a floppy anymore, so there is no longer a boot floppy.

-cheatcodes i entered in syslinux.cfg (knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda5 lang=nl etc) and made an costum boot cd , so to safely run an kiosk internet knoppix-

you can still edit the config in /cdrom/boot/isolinux and write a new CD.
you can also use a hexeditor to edit the original ISO and burn your custom CD. (i do that always to change the language)

Now with the new version ( V3.4 ) it would be nice to do the same, make an costum only boot disk to boot knoppix from harddisk. And i would like to use K3B for it. Can this be done? And how?

you seem to have it copied on a HD, so why dont you use grub or lilo to boot it?

HTH
chris