[debian-knoppix] Knoppix c't boot options

Hi,

I tried the Knoppix 3.4 c't edition today and if I say at the boot prompt

boot: knoppix26 lang=xyz keyboard=zyx

with any pair xyz, zyx of valid language, keyboard it freezes even before
showing the "happy penguins". Works fine with 2.4.x kernel

boot: knoppix lang=xyz keyboard=zyx

and also with only one of (lang,keyboard). Only breaks when there's the
combination of both.

Is there any way to prevent this? If not, how should I change the
knoppix-autoconfig file so that it doesn't freeze (I was thinking of
remastering it to add some software I need anyway).

Thanks